Tri-County Cruisers Rod & Custom Car Club
TRI-COUNTY CRUISERS’ MISSION STATEMENT
On February 14, 1999 a meeting was held at BERT’s Restaurant in Mechanicsville, MD with (6) local old car enthusiast to talk about forming a new Rod & Custom car club in Southern MD. These (6) people: Bob Dick, Roger Hamilton, Clyde Hamilton, Steve Padgett, Alice and Joe Wood, along with Carol Dick, Dee Hamilton, and Pete Small, began the meeting at 7:15 pm and discussed several issues concerning the new club.
First on the agenda was a name for the club. It was decided the name of the new club would be TRI-COUNTY CRUISERS Rod & Custom Car Club. Then the club needed a logo. Steve Padgett made up several samples and a logo was decided on using the club name and 2 CARS: A Street Rod and a Custom. Other items that needed attention were as follows:
- Dues – 1st year sign-up $25.00 then $20.00 per year thereafter.
- There will be only full-fledged members, this means all new members will pay the above mentioned dues no discount for significant others.
- All yearly dues must be paid by the January meeting in order to vote in the elections.
- It was decided that the club would put a cap on membership, to cut-off would be 40 members.
- The club will be a non-profit organization dedicated to helping local charities.
- The club needed officers so the following were elected after paying their dues”
President, Bob Dick Vice-President, Steve Padgett
Secretary (open) Treasurer, Alice Wood
Cruise Director (open) Correspondence, Dee Hamilton
- Monthly Meeting will be held at BERT’s Restaurant in Mechanicsville, MD, Time and date, undecided.
- A weekly cruise will be held by the TRI-COUNTY CRUISERS day and time, undecided.
- A P.O. BOX will be rented before the next scheduled meeting.
- Alice Wood is looking into opening a checking account for the club.
- Pete Small is looking into insurance.
- The next scheduled meeting will be on March 7, 1999, 2:00 pm at BERT’S.
- If members sign up and pay their dues by the March meeting they will not have to go through the process of being voted in.
- All members are required to attend at least (6) meetings a year, and (3) consecutive meetings before being voted in.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm.
President: Tony Hall
Vice-President: Roger Hamilton
Secretary: Margaret-Ann Hamilton
Treasurer: Ginny Gregory
Corresponding Secretary: Margaret-Ann Hamilton
Committee Chairmen for 2020:
Cruise Director: Mike Hall
Legal Advisor: Arnold Yochelson/Dan Fellner
Membership: Dan Fellner
Historian: Margaret-Ann Hamilton
2020 Car Show: Tony Hall & Paul Harris
Communications/Correspondence: Margaret-Ann Hamilton
Elections: Tony Hall
Club Picnic: Tony Hall & Paul Harris
M.A.S.R.A.: Roger Hamilton
Chaplain: Margaret-Ann Hamilton
Charities: Margaret-Ann Hamilton